Operational Messages from Invate for the Health and Safety of our Delivery Engineers
THE INFORMATION BELOW WAS LAST UPDATED: 24/03/20
Our priority at Invate will always be the health and safety of our team and our students. Below you will find our latest advice on attending onsite deliveries and the additional steps we are taking to ensure we continue to deliver safe opportunities for our colleagues to work and our students to learn.
Invate is carefully monitoring the latest information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will continue to follow official Government and Public Health England advice in our operations. Any further changes will be amended below and will be communicated to you directly via email.
ADDITIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES INVATE IS TAKING
- We have set up a dedicated COVID-19 response team that meets weekly to review operations, plus, official Government and Public Health England advice is reviewed daily.
- We will update this web page, as required, in line with the latest official Government advice and any COVID-19 related communication from universities.
- Due to the Prime Minister’s announcement on 23rd March 2020, we have suspended all face-to-face setup and familiarisation, until further notice (initially, three weeks).
- We have contacted students with the option to swap to courier delivery with remote support.
- If the student’s preference is to receive face-to-face setup and familairisation, these sessions will be postponed, pending Government advice.
ADVICE ON ATTENDING ONSITE DELIVERIES
- We recommend you contact your students 24 hours before each delivery to enquire about their health. If you cannot get in touch please still proceed as planned.
- We are now operating doorstep delivery (no contact delivery). Therefore please provide the goods and ask for the student’s confirmation that they are happy for you to sign the paperwork on their behalf. (Do not make any physical contact, such as shaking hands, and maintain a distance of at least two meters).
- If you are turned away from a delivery for any reason related to COVID-19, please contact email@example.com.
- Where possible carry hand sanitiser and clean your hands on arrival and departure from the delivery. Government advice is you should wash your hands on or before entering a new environment. (Please note, Government and NHS advice is that washing your hands with soap and water is significantly more effective than using hand sanitiser).
- If you have a new, continuous cough, high temperature or if at any point you or someone in your household has contracted Coronavirus, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP and also please do the following:
- Contact the head office at email@example.com to inform us.
- Contact all the students whom you have deliveries booked for and let them know:
- You need to cancel this delivery.
- You have informed the head office and they will be in touch with the student directly to rearrange.
- Finally, confirm back to firstname.lastname@example.org which students you have successfully contacted and which you haven’t.
- In any event where you prefer to not continue any deliveries (for example, due to a low immune system, or living with an elderly family member etc) – please contact email@example.com.
- If you are made aware of a particular university closure please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend delivery engineers keep themselves up to date with the Government’s latest advice, which can be found here, and NHS information on the virus and how to protect yourself, which can be found here.
We understand that the situation could change, but please rest assured Invate is monitoring this on your behalf and will keep you updated. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Operations Manager Vicki Ravensdale at email@example.com.